HOST A FOOD/FUND DRIVE
Want to host a food or fund drive for The Food Basket?
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, The Food Basket depends on the goodness of individuals like you to donate and help fulfill our mission.
We are in this together, feeding the hungry on Hawai`i Island one at a time.
Register your food or fund drive: (fillable form) * marks a required field
Start Here: (food and fund drive materials)
Host a Food Drive:
Hosting a food drive for The Food Basket is simple. Download the forms below to help navigate through a drive. It’s easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Download the packet and plan your event or drive period
2. Collect donations
3. Drop-off your food at one of the warehouse locations or call for a pick-up
Host a Fund Drive:
Financial donations are vital in continuing the operation of our island-wide services. The Food Basket has two food warehouses, one on each side of Hawai`i Island. These warehouses store food donations, but they require refrigerators, freezers, electricity, and vehicles and gas to get the food delivered to those who need it most.
- Your fund drive takes food donations through the final leg and into the hands of the hungry on Hawai`i Island.
- Fund drives are just as simple as food drives and perhaps have the greatest flexibility.
Here are some suggestions:
- Host a virtual fund drive for a birthday, school project, or any other event. Services like those offered by GoFundMe.com, Facebook Giving, and other donation platforms make it easy to raise funds quickly. Connect the drive personally and share with friends.
- Raise funds through a car wash, rummage sale, or bake sale and donate the proceeds to Hawai`i Food Basket.
- Collect monetary donations along with your food drive.
- Brown Bag It or Lose a Latte: A fundraising idea where school groups or offices can choose to skip purchasing their daily coffee or lunch and instead donate the money. Consider making it a challenge between departments.
- Can-struction: Pick a design, think themed idea… a slice of pie? A Christmas tree? And work together to bring in the food donations to complete it. Take lots of pictures and then donate the food.