DA BUX is an incentive program for SNAP-EBT cardholders to buy more Hawai`i Island grown produce. DA BUX stretches EBT food dollars, as well as supports farmers on our island.
The DA BUX program works by matching EBT dollars spent on Hawai`i Island grown produce with additional free produce. For example, if you buy $10 of Hawai`i Island grown produce with your EBT card, DA BUX gives you another $10 of Hawai`i Island grown produce for free.
DA BUX is currently offered through the following outlets on select dates:
- Ho`olaha Ka Hua "DA BOX", all-year round. Sign up for a weekly or bi-weekly DA BOX produce subscription here.
- DA BUS Mobile Market, all-year round. Find our Mobile Market sales schedule here.
- Hilo Farmers Market, every third Wednesday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM on the corner of Mamo St. and Kamehameha Ave. in Downtown Hilo.
- Dimple Cheek Market, every third Saturday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM 17-4003 Anaahu Place, Mountain View, HI 96771 Find the farm off the highway next to Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness
- Volcano Farmers Market, every third Sunday, 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM 194030 Wright Rd., Volcano, HI 96785
HUGE MAHALO to our DA BUX funders including:
- USDA Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive (FINI) grant
- Kaiser Permanente Foundation
- Sophie Russell Testamentary Trust
- County of Hawai`i Council Members: Maile David, Jen Ruggles, Eilene O'Hara and Dru Kanuha