DA BUX is an incentive program for SNAP-EBT cardholders to buy more Hawai`i Island grown produce. DA BUX stretches EBT food dollars, as well as supports farmers on our island.
The DA BUX program works by matching EBT dollars spent at produce outlets with additional free produce. Outlets either provide free produce vouchers that match your EBT swipe or they apply a 50% discount with your EBT purchase. For example, if you swipe $10 off of your EBT card at a farmers market, DA BUX gives you another $10 of free vouchers to spend on Hawai`i Island grown produce.
DA BUX is currently offered through the following outlets on select dates:
- Ho`olaha Ka Hua "DA BOX", all-year round. Sign up for a weekly or bi-weekly DA BOX produce subscription here.
- DA BUS Mobile Market, all-year round. Find our Mobile Market sales schedule here.
- Hilo Farmers Market, every third Wednesday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM on the corner of Mamo St. and Kamehameha Ave. in Downtown Hilo.
- Dimple Cheek Market, every third Saturday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM 17-4003 Anaahu Place, Mountain View, HI 96771 Find the farm off the highway next to Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness
- Volcano Farmers Market, every third Sunday, 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM 194030 Wright Rd., Volcano, HI 96785
HUGE MAHALO to our DA BUX funders including:
- USDA Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive (FINI) grant
- Kaiser Permanente Foundation
- Sophie Russell Testamentary Trust
- County of Hawai`i Council Members: Maile David, Jen Ruggles, Eilene O'Hara and Dru Kanuha