The Food Basket Seeks Driver/Warehouse Person
**Updated Feb. 22, 2017. The post will be removed once the position is filled.**
The Food Basket, Hawai`i Island’s Food Bank seeks an enthusiastic and reliable Driver/Warehouse person to join our team in Kailua-Kona!
The Food Basket’s Kailua-Kona warehouse has an immediate opening for a Driver/Warehouse person. Primary responsibilities include: ensuring the safe and sanitary transmission of food from one point to another using applicable machinery and equipment; the accounting of donated materials received and the out-bound deliverables through the use of scale equipment; the safe storage of materials through efficient load-building and palletizing; being able to effectively communicate with supervisor and personnel to synchronize delivery operations with partner agency orders and donations. This position requires that the applicant have the ability to use a pallet floor jack, lift truck and assigned vehicles and work a flexible schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year (paid) experience in warehousing, deliveries or related field
- Valid State of Hawaii Driver’s License
- Valid State of Hawaii Fork Lift Certification (may be obtained within one month of hire)
- Operable/Reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to follow and sometimes give instructions
- To communicate and write effectively
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to connect and empathize with the public
- Possess a goal-oriented attitude
- Be able to perform repetitive tasks
- Routinely be able to lift up to 100 lbs
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and three references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place of employment: 73-4161 Ulu Wini Place, Kailua-Kona
Compensation: $11 per hour plus full benefits
Employment type: full-time